Citizen Science Projects
These New Zealand projects span decades of work, and some have provided remarkable resources, such as the Phil Bendle Collection and the Jim Schultz Ferns (in the Resource Centre). The 'Curious Minds' projects are current Participatory Science Projects funded by MBIE and run as partnerships between schools and scientists.
The Categories of science projects for teachers will assist you to find suitable teaching topics and education levels for your class.
If you have run a citizen Science project we invite you to add it to this page. Login at top right, or join the wiki project. The 'Training Centre' will then be visible with some useful pages to show you how edit and contribute. The complete list is seen below.
Click on this map to go to the interactive display for all Taranaki schools, the Curious Minds projects and the participants.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category ‘Citizen Science Projects’
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- Taranaki Furbabies
- Te Moeone - Growing for the Future
- Te Āhua o ngā Kūrei - Estuary Health Monitoring
- Teaching Topic - Beach and coastal
- Teaching Topic - Climate
- Teaching Topic - Freshwater
- Teaching Topic - Plants and Animals, Natural Science
- Teaching Topic - Predator Control
- Teaching Topic - Sustainability
- Teaching Topic - Threats to Biodiversity