Department of Conservation
- DoC's monitoring and reporting system. You can request data from DOC's monitoring system
- Birds - the 5-minute bird count
- Conservation education - specific resources about dolphins, weta, kakapo recovery, reptiles, albatross, seabirds, taiko/black petrel and whio. "Nature" pages.
- Insects: Take a garden census, Minibeasts and creepy crawlies resources
- Reptiles and amphibians
- Marine mammals resources
- How to monitor using tracking tunnels and identifying tracks, a book by Warren Agnew
Nature Space is a website for groups, individuals and landowners undertaking ecological restoration in New Zealand. Visit the 'Resource Centre' to see advice about restoration plans, monitoring, pest control, advocacy, planting and much more. There is a page of both online and field courses run by the Department and other providers.